Completed in 1884, St Thomas’ Church is the last, the largest and the most important suburban church designed by the influential Victorian-era architect, Edmund Thomas Blacket.

Jackson Teece was engaged to provide services for the repair of the church.

Following a detailed investigation, assessment and report on the condition of the sandstone, slate roofing, stained glass windows, timber and metal work, a staged and costed conservation works program was developed based upon the funds likely to be available to the parish.

Jackson Teece’s services also included preparation of contract documentation for the repair works; tendering; and the inspection and administration of repair works contracts.

Works undertaken include structural repairs; sandstone repairs and cleaning; installation of new Welsh slate roofing, new copperwork and leadwork; upgrading of drainage; repairs to the stained glass windows; repairs and upgrading of the interior spaces; and new floodlighting.