Jackson Teece Architect’s refurbishment of the Wollongong Courthouse injects new life into the new and existing interior spaces of the Court building, returns the building’s entrance to its historic street frontage and revives a former forecourt to be a functioning urban space.

A new façade and entrance extends the building’s floor plate, designed with reference to both the original 1886 Courthouse and the Brutalist style 1970’s Government Architects addition.

With a calming palette of materials, colours and simple elegant proportions, Jackson Teece’s Interior Design rationalizes the complex internal circulation linking the 7 courtrooms, and transforms an unused internal courtyard into a contemporary central atrium space befitting this important civic building.